How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Who We Are
Founded in 1859, Michigan Law School is one of the world’s leading institutions of legal education and enjoys a reputation for academic excellence characterized by a powerful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Michigan is consistently ranked among the top law schools in the nation, and enjoys international renown for its intellectual rigor, stunning physical surroundings, preeminent faculty scholarship, and a community noted for collegiality and warmth. Michigan Law has an exceptional and cooperative community of talented and interesting students, with 1000 in the J.D. and 40 in the LL.M. program. Our commitments to collegiality, to constructive and challenging debate, and to enabling our students to pursue a wide range of options explain why the Law School has long been committed to diversity along many dimensions. Our graduates serve with distinction in the private, public, non-profit, and academic sectors, in large numbers in every major market in the nation, as well as internationally. The University of Michigan is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is considered among the best places in the United States to live and work.
At Michigan Law, we view our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as central to our mission as an educational institution and we seek to ensure that each member of our community has full opportunity to thrive in our environment. We believe that diversity is key to individual flourishing, educational excellence, and the advancement of knowledge and we maintain a deep commitment to fostering a diverse community in which all students, staff, and faculty learn and work in an atmosphere of inclusion and respect.
The Student Life Program Coordinator will work with the Assistant Dean, Assistant Directors, and the Administrative Assistant to coordinate and execute the logistical aspects of programming and services. This includes working with students, faculty, staff, alumni, members of the legal community, and vendors. The Program Coordinator will work with a diverse set of people and programs
- Coordinates the logistics and communications regarding new student orientation for first-year and transfer students.
- Administers professional development and student support programming, including speaker series and one-off events, both annual and ad hoc.
- Provides scheduling support for student organizations; room reservations, MLaw Live announcements, and events calendar coordination.
- Coordinate logistical support for competitions, MAP, student organization banquets, and student advising panels.
- Coordinate scheduling and communication for Service Project initiative across academic year and full tenure.
- Coordinate with Assistant Dean and Directors to monitor and update website information, Student Handbook, academic regulations, and advising materials and student organizations, including journals and competition.
- Processes student requests for academic modifications, waivers of the academic regulations, special assistance.
- Sources student, faculty, and administrative requests to appropriate OSL team member.
- Coordinate and facilitates third-party vendors for requests for goods and services for OSL programming.
- Provides assistance to Senior Administrative Assistant with receptionist and calendaring duties.
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, team oriented environment and with a diverse client population including faculty, students, staff, and administrators
- Must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced office
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to prioritize and organize with a strong attention to detail
- Position requires flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- A demonstrated working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- A courteous and professional demeanor
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Experience working with the University of Michigan student systems such as MPathways.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.