How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Livonia Specialty Care is a multi-specialty clinic combined with Otolaryngology, Audiology, and Urology. We are actively seeking qualified candidates who will provide compassionate care to our adult and pediatric patient population. We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and service-oriented individual to be a part of our medical assistant team. Candidates should be patient-oriented individuals who are interested in creating the ideal experience for our patients, families, and employees. The individual in this role is expected to assist patients and providers in a multi-specialty clinic and balance other daily responsibilities in a team-based setting.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Function as part of a team to manage patient flow in a fast paced, outpatient clinic setting. MA duties included but are not limited to the following:
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Maintaining, checking expatriation dates, ordering, and stocking supplies for exam rooms
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is followed
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and ready-for-use
- Assist in complex procedures, requiring knowledge of complex and varied equipment in both Otolaryngology and Urology.
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical information
- Perform Point of Care testing and assist with Otolaryngology and Urology procedures.
- Process instrument cleaning and with HLD.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff
- Problem-solve independently when challenges arise
- Complete multiple tasks independently
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality along with excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work over-time
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Epic/MiChart
- Medical Terminology strongly preferred
- Computer skills and familiarity with computer applications, including EPIC and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working in a patient care setting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.