How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
Starting salaries will vary depending upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) is looking for an ERP Business Analyst Senior to join the Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) team in the Financials & Physical Resources System product line within ITS. This individual will be involved with the work intake process as well as handle production support from our partners in Michigan Medicine to support the Inventory Management PeopleSoft module.
The role will serve as a member of a high performing team. The BSA Senior will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with other BSAs, technical resources, and cross-functional teams to support the technology needs of the Michigan Medicine Inventory/Supply Chain Solutions community. Primary enterprise systems of support include Oracle's (PeopleSoft) Financials & Physical Resources System, BusinessObjects, Jira, and TeamDynamix. The role will also have the opportunity to aide in the planning and transitioning to the next generation of cloud ERP applications as the university embarks on this journey. This position reports to the ITS EAS Financials Product Manager.
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Who We Are
ITS supports U-M faculty, researchers, staff, and students in their use of technology to teach, learn, research, and work, and be leaders in their fields. We are dedicated to creating cohesive digital experiences and enabling university wide innovations by:
In addition, we value those that proactively solve challenges, work with a sense of urgency, and seek a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
ITS’s mission is to be trusted enablers of technology for the U-M community. ITS works together to provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to the U-M community. To learn more, visit: https://its.umich.edu.
WHO YOU ARE
You are energized by working with a collaborative team and industry peers to support the university mission through innovative and appropriate use of technology. You seek understanding and to tackle projects and problems with your customers’ needs in mind. You anticipate problems and work proactively to preempt challenges and concerns, delivering increasingly relevant customer experiences over time. You value a culture that is rooted in mutual respect, where you can learn from different perspectives, roles, and identities.
You have at least four (4) years of demonstrated experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully conduct systems and process analysis and design.
Why Work at Michigan?
The University of Michigan Benefits Office is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more about our 2:1 retirement matching, healthcare plans with nationwide coverage including prescription drug coverage, three dental plans, a vision plan, flexible spending account, well-being programs, long-term disability, automatic life insurance, general legal services, three early childhood centers, time away from work and work-life programs to promote balance. Learn more at https://hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness
- Serve as functional expert for M-Pathways Financials & Physical Resources System Inventory Management module (PeopleSoft) ongoing use and maintenance.
- Work with customers to gather requirements for changes to business processes and information systems
- Analyze business and user needs; Document functional requirements; Identify and resolve dependency and integration issues
- Develop and document designs for new applications and existing applications; identify areas for improvement and makes recommendations for enhancements
- Execute test plans to support infrastructure, software upgrades and releases
- Provide daily operations and support for applications, evaluate problems and determine priority of responding and follow up with customers on requests.
- Lead multiple, concurrent projects and delegate tasks according to staff experience and skill levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- Minimum of four years demonstrated experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully conduct systems and process analysis and design.
- Proven ability to lead project teams to meet customer expectations
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies (including waterfall and iterative approaches).
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, design, and system testing.
- Demonstrated skills in gathering, translating, prioritizing, and documenting system requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and process modeling tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current computer technology and applications (e.g. Business Process Mapping software, word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
Average amount of time in a stationary position, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer; travel to various locations on and off campus. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends. The team is currently working remotely. Depending on campus-wide plans for the fall and the individual hired, you may be remote or hybrid.
This position will be filled at the Senior level salary range of $70,500 - $86,000 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the Senior level expectation. Applicants with lesser experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the primary goal is not met. Lesser-experienced candidates will be reviewed at an Intermediate salary range of $59,423-$77,250.
This position may work with and/or support systems that maintain or process sensitive institutional data as defined by university policy. Successful candidates must comply with federal, state and local law and/or university policies or agreements that require the university to implement specific privacy and security safeguards including, but not limited to: ITAR, EAR, HIPAA and FISMA. Responsible for protecting data and information from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration or unauthorized deletion; and, following applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files, release of data, etc. as stated in a computer access agreement.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.