How to Apply
A cover letter and resume detailing relevant work experience is required for consideration. All applications must be submitted through the U-M job site.
We are seeking a part-time experienced, self-motivated, collaborative, organized, detail-oriented and customer service focused Administrative Assistant to coordinate daily office operations and provide administrative support to projects that involve all MDC staff and external customers. This position reports to the CHRT Administrative Specialist and MDC Director.
Successful candidates for this role will work closely with leaders and team members to anticipate, coordinate, and implement the administrative activities of the department by performing highly responsive and sometimes sensitive and/or confidential duties. They will ensure the smooth functioning of administrative needs through coordinating many important activities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with administrative assistant peers across the organization.
Who We Are
The Michigan Data Collaborative was established to address the need for a statewide healthcare claims repository. As a non-profit healthcare data organization at the University of Michigan, MDC has grown from three employees in 2007 to over 20 employees today. Our work has expanded to provide data solutions for providers, health-related organizations, and physician organizations throughout the state.
MDC offers a highly secure environment for robust healthcare data aggregation and integration. We developed and now maintain a statewide multi-payer claims and clinical data database, and we provide measure creation and report delivery solutions. MDC continues to work with our partners to add value to the healthcare IT infrastructure and to help improve care delivery throughout the state of Michigan.
MDC's goal is to collaborate with other organizations to provide solutions for the evolving and expanding healthcare data needs in our state.
The Center for Health & Research Transformation (CHRT) inspires and enables evidence-informed policies and practices that improve the health of people and communities. CHRT’s revenue comes from a combination of corporate sponsorships, grants and contracts.
60% General Project Administrative Support
- Provide calendar and time management support to the MDC leadership by prioritizing and responding to calendar requests, pro-actively anticipating needs and planning accordingly
- Provide logistical support for meetings involving agenda preparation/distribution, securing and preparing conference rooms and web conferencing, set up/tear down and catering ordering for group meetings with external guests, and materials distribution (when staff return to working in office)
- Manage the development of itinerary flight schedule and reservations, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, conference registrations and other applicable arrangements
- Completion of travel expense reports for MDC leadership and staff
- Execute procurement process for purchases and renewals for professional membership dues
- Register MDC leadership and team members for conferences
- Assist with recruiting logistics and activities as requested such as scheduling phone interviews with candidates, coordinating in-person logistics such as scheduling interview dates and times, coordinating availability with interviewers and candidates, creating interview itineraries, providing directions to candidates, meeting and escorting candidates to and from interview rooms, and other support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
15% General Office Operations Support:
- Responsible for managing the scheduling of conference rooms by overseeing availability and communicating potential conflicts to staff (when staff return to working in office)
- Responsible for office mail, copier/fax maintenance by communicating functionality issues to external vendors and staff
- Responsible for ordering office and kitchen supplies, phones, computers, and software, and maintaining all respective inventories
- Provide Concur support by processing mileage reimbursements, submit expense reports, and reconciling P-Card transactions
- Execute procurement process for purchases and renewal, professional membership dues, computer and other equipment, and other purchases as needed
25% Human Resources Support
- Provide support to hiring searches by tracking resumes, scheduling interviews, and creating interview itineraries under the supervision of the Administrative Specialist
- Manage logistical pieces of on/off boarding of staff. Includes requesting access to applicable systems, coordinating desk space, phone, and computer assignments, and coordinating CHRT orientation scheduling under the supervision of the Administrative Specialist
- Manage Human Resources transactional items, such as PARs and DBE changes
- Organization chart update
- High school diploma or an equivalent is necessary and more than two years of experience.
- High school diploma or an equivalent is necessary and more than four years of experience.
- Experience with complex meeting scheduling is a must.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to relate to varied audiences.
- Demonstrated customer service attitude with internal staff and external customers. Excellent interpersonal skills and team player attitude is a must.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust and adapt to changes in project scope and position requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with clear attention and diligence to project deadlines, requirements, and assignments.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a collaborative team environment utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential and sensitive information in a discreet fashion.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat are required.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Constant Contacts and University systems is preferred
- Creative problem solving is highly preferred
- Outlook, Zoom and Slack experience highly preferred
- Experience providing information technology administration and support
- Familiarity with policies and practices of working in a healthcare environment
- Familiarity with policies and practices of working in a higher education environment
- Experience with Concur or similar travel and expense management software
This position will work from home most of their time, with some days in office.
Due to the COVID-19 climate, we are currently working remotely. If the selected candidate is not in/near the Ann Arbor area, there is the possibility to have this position be permanently or mostly remote when staff are allowed back in office.
Remote staff are provided with a monitor, laptop and related accessories. Office equipment such as desk, chair, and printer are not provided for remote work and staff must supply their own reliable internet access. Basic supplies such as paper and pens, are stocked at the business location and are available to remote staff for pick-up should they choose.
There may be occasions where the staff member will need to report the office in Ann Arbor, including meetings, training, computer or technology requirements, or to complete work that is not possible to handle remotely.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.