How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This full-time Administrative Assistant Intermediate position will support the Flint Department of Public Health and Health Sciences, Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Entry-Level Program (DNAP) and the Flint Occupational Therapy Department. Each with their own unique set of responsibilities, challenges and critical thinking needs.
75% - Flint Department of Public Health & Health Sciences, DNAP Program
- Initial contact for program for current/future students and the public
- Schedule appointments, meetings, interviews and classroom/meeting space as needed
- Assist with preparing, distributing and tabulating surveys for students, graduates and employers
- Assist with on-boarding students following admission: CastleBranch/Complio (background checks, medical records, etc.) Hurley (scrubs, badges), file review, etc.
- Log and file all student daily clinical evaluations and care plans
- Assist with preparation of mid-term and end-of-semester evaluation forms
- Assist with filing of program documents, forms and paperwork
- Assist with DNAP Program admissions
- Assist with planning, coordinating, organizing and implementing the annual DNAP Program Conference, graduation student orientation, wellness days, etc.
- Prepare correspondence, announcements, forms, data, reports and meeting minutes
- Assist with maintaining inventory of various materials, purchasing as needed: program library, office supplies, class apparel, textbooks and educational equipment/material
- Serve as PHHS team member - actively supporting ongoing, new and/or unexpected tasks
- Other responsibilities as assigned
25% - Flint Occupational Therapy Department
Administrative Office Duties
- Managing phone coverage, walk-in visitors, scheduling department meetings as assigned
- Prepare bulk mailings and provide photocopying services
- Attend department staff meetings at the request of department director/office manager and take notes as assigned
- Reconcile OT Department monthly financial reports, including Concur and e-Reconciliation
- Assist in hosting events as assigned
- Maintain various email groups, electronic inventory and classroom supplies
- Monitor and maintain database for faculty licenses and certification
- Assist students with procedures of the department and the University
- Monitor, organize, and maintain department Google shared drive
- Distribute registration and texbook information to students each semester
- Assign students and maintain information related to lab duties and lockers
- Provide limited clerical support to faculty
- Monitor and order textbooks, prepare textbook report as directed
- Maintain office supplies and order as needed
- Assist in resolution of program/department operating problems
- Serve as backup to other departmental staff as directed by the department director/office manager
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- High school graduate with some college education preferred
- Minimum of two to four years administrative support experience
- Ability to work independently, maintain flexibility while managing multiple detailed tasks and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in preparing spreadsheets, slides, graphics and desktop publishing using MicroSoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with various computer applications such as Google Suite (drive, email, GoogleMeets, docs and more)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Uses best judgement when working with confidential materials
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work diplomatically with faculty, staff and students under a variety of circumstances
- Ability to investigate and solve complex situations
- Attention to detail and strong follow-through skills, as well as, demonstrated organization skills
- Must demonstrate strong customer service and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment while completing deadlines
- Ability to set up a work from home area with WIFI and multiple electronic devices, as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a University setting
- Financial experience with reasonable knowledge of University policies and practices as well as the M-Pathways Concur and the Financial Systems
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.