The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well in team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record system.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Adhere to high standard of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Clerical experience in a medical setting.
What will your work schedule look like?
This is a part-time or full-time position that offers up to 40 hours/week. Shifts are 8 hours per day Monday through Friday, and occur any time between 7:00AM and 7:00 PM.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will recieve detailed, on the job training.
Travel to all Ambulatory Care sites required in this position.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don't hesitate -- join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance to our patients.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Management that provides quality training and career advancement direction.
As part of the Ambulatory Care Clerical Resource Pool, you will provide support services to various Ambulatory Care sites within Michigan Medicine. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing general clerical support in a patient care environment.
- Arranging and coordination support and ancillary services for patient care.
- Providing customer service to patients by facilitating business processes including appointment scheduling, check-in and check-out, pre-arrival and telephone triage.
- Providing administrative support for client based programs.
- Responding to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.