Responsible for the coordination of daily activities for Medical Assistants to ensure optimal clinical flow in an adult Urology & OB-GYN ambulatory care setting within Michigan Medicine’s Chelsea Multispecialty ACU and other locations as assigned for training and coverage including Chelsea/Dexter, SW Ann Arbor and N Central. Provides interpretation and instruction for policies, procedures, and practices. Maintains work schedules, reviews timesheets for accuracy, and assists with performance evaluations for Medical Assistants. Provides in service training, acts as a preceptor, and coaches the performance of Medical Assistants. Participates with leadership team to ensure effective clinical operations, including following joint commission standards. Promotes and facilitates positive communication with the entire health care team. Performs and assists with clinical procedures and duties.Responsible for the coordination of daily activities for the Medical Assistants to ensure optimal clinical flow.
- Provides interpretation and instruction for policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides in service training, acts as a preceptor and coach’s performance of other Medical Assistants.
- Acts as preceptor for orientation of new Medical Assistant staff and student externs.
- Participates with leadership team to ensure effective clinical operations, including leading and attending Medical Assistant and Leadership Meetings, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with our providers and staff to make improvements to clinic.
- Maintain work schedules, approve payroll in Wolverine Access, approve time off, and assists with performance evaluations for Medical Assistants, Medical Assistant Associates, and Medical Assistant Intermediate employees.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are signed off on clinic competencies.
- Promotes, facilitates positive and respectful communication with the entire healthcare team, including patients.
- Acts as a Lean champion fostering a culture of problem identification and continuous quality improvement.
- Lead by example, acts as a team lead, and provide front-line assistance in problem-solving.
- Assist in the delivery of direct patient care, supporting providers in a complex, multiple physician’s practice in an adult Urology & OB-GYN ambulatory setting.
- Cooperatively manage patient flow, perform routine laboratory support services; perform and assist in urological and gynecological procedures, and provide direct patient care as needed.
- Maintain equipment, order, and stock supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General supervision is received from Administrative Manager, Nurse Manager, and Medical Director.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working as a team lead.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is necessary.
- This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
- Certification as an MA
- Urology/OB-GYN experience preferred
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.