How to Apply
Please include a cover letter to clarify your aptitude for this position and upload it along with your resume as a single Word document or .pdf. Preference will be given to applicants with cover letters.
Position is 3-year term limited with the possibility of extension based on meeting key performance metrics to enhance our transfer enrollment.
The Enrollment Management Division of UM-Dearborn seeks a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as a key member of the enrollment team which is focused on supporting the recruitment goals of the University. The Transfer Pipeline Recruiter will join a professional, fast-paced, and cohesive team. This position professionally represents the University and will be responsible to assist with recruitment efforts focusing on the enrollment of transfer students. Responsibilities include building awareness of the UM-Dearborn brand and conveying the sense of caring, inclusive, student-focused institution upon which we pride ourselves, and promote the affordability of a UM-Dearborn degree.
This position will be specifically focused on working with students while they are attending community college, providing guidance that ensures development of a clear plan to facilitate transfer of credits toward their selected degree program. Recruitment efforts are ongoing throughout the year to create a pipeline for future enrollment at the University of Michigan-Dearborn and working with campus partners to create a more seamless transition to our campus. The position requires a significant level of independent judgement and autonomy with regard to work planning and representation of the University to students and families.
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week; Shift/Hours/Days: Varies based on recruitment cycles.
(40%) Plan, coordinate, and carry out a variety of activities to assist students with developing degree plans for seamless transferring to the University of Michigan-Dearborn from community colleges.
- Meet individually with prospective students (virtual/in-person at partner two-year college) to assist students in developing a transfer degree plan and the overall transfer process for seamless transition from their 2 to 4 year degree.
- Contact prospective students via email, telephone, and text messaging from identified partner community colleges.
- Prepares and delivers group information sessions to prospective transfer students.
(15%) Educate students about campus academic pathways, articulation agreements, transfer degree plans and other resources to ensure a smooth transfer admission process.
(15%) Provide unofficial credit evaluations for inquiring students using the Course Transfer System and Banner (SIS) and in collaboration with the Admissions credit evaluators.
(10%) Maintain inquiry student records in our customer relationships management software, tracking outreach and following up with students through multiple modes of communication.
(5%) In coordination with the Assistant Director and Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Management, plan and implement recruitment strategies and activities, including travel, relative to partner community colleges.
(5%) Partner, as needed with other campus resources for community college engagement activities. Assist with general prospective student events and outreach when needed.
(5%) Contribute new ideas on creating a transfer friendly environment at the University of Michigan-Dearborn as an important member of the Office of Admissions team.
(5%) Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated and goal-driven
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all audiences
- Enthusiasm for working with people and a sensitivity to working with multicultural populations
- Experience working with students from underrepresented populations
- Understanding of the Financial Aid and FAFSA Process
- Experiencing using student information system (SIS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools to track activities
- Exemplary interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in an educational setting or relevant transferable skills
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- College Admissions experience
- Basic understanding of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Financial Aid
- Knowledge of Metro-Detroit/Michigan communities
- Experience with Banner and Salesforce
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.