How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline your skills that directly relate to this position.
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care— that's the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It's adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good. The Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research (SABER) unit is the data coordinating center for several multi-center clinical trials and observational studies. We are a research center located within the Biostatistics Department at the School of Public Health (SPH) on Michigan's central campus. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all members of our community. Join our team, do something good for the world, engage with modernizing our systems to the latest technologies, build great new apps, and enjoy great benefits!
You will help develop design solutions, work with team members, and help implement solutions. You will work with end-users to develop and clarify requirements and to coordinate understanding of finished products. You will report to the Lead Application Architect.
For more information on SABER, please visit: https://sph.umich.edu/saber/index.html.
For more information on the Biostatistics Department, please visit: https://sph.umich.edu/biostat/index.html.
- Develop business requirements by working with administration and staff team members.
- Analyze requirements and design solutions using Oracle, Postgres, and REST APIs using Java. Use text and diagrams to convey design intent.
- Manage ETL solutions to model and integrate data from multiple data entry systems and make it available for reporting and statistical analysis.
- Develop data reporting systems and individual data reporting solutions and data archiving and recovery solutions. Review and optimize Oracle function packages and view hierarchies.
- Maintain supporting documentation.
- Uphold the safety, security, and integrity of our data and data systems. Work with operations teams to design database structures and tools. Ensure backup and recovery systems in place.
- Work with the lead application architect to develop strategies to evolve legacy systems, refine processes, and optimize performance.
- Provide teams with estimates for project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Senior level: 5+ years of experience with: relational database and ETL; Java, Maven, and Hibernate; Oracle SQL and PL/SQL; git or other modern VCS.
- Intermediate level: 2+ years of experience with: relational database and ETL; Java, Maven, and Hibernate; Oracle SQL and PL/SQL; git or other modern VCS.
- Experience with process improvements.
- Experience working on a team.
You will be eligible for remote work flexibility.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Please note the salary range for each title:
- Senior: $76,755 - $94,815
- Intermediate: $61,408 - $75,857
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. For more information, please visit: https://careers.umich.edu/benefits/
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.