How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Frontline interaction with patients and families performing clerical functions in a busy outpatient specialty clinic setting for Briarwood Health Associates. We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic Patient Services Assistant/Associate to join our team. This individual will share our priorities which include, high quality medical care, excellent customer service, commitment to innovation, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal customer service experience.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Check in and check out patients
- Scheduling and coordination of patient appointments, tests and consults
- Gather and verify patient demographics, insurance and other pertinent information
- Prepare, maintain, and update forms, consents, and questionnaires
- Provide general information to staff and families
- Process patient charges, collect payments and reconcile cash collections
- Management of MiChart in-basket notes
- Work with the nursing team, providers, medical assistants, call center and other team members to improve patient care and improve processes to enhance patient experience.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- General office experience; preferably in a medical setting
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Candidate must demonstrate team effort, be able to work independently, have good organizational and prioritization skills
- Candidate must have an excellent attendance record
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Associate requirement: 2-3 years of general office experience; preferably in a medical setting
- Basic medical terminology
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policy and procedures
- Experience working with Cadence and MiChart and Insurance carriers
Shift/Hours/Days: Days/ 7:00AM – 6:00PM/ Monday – Friday (hours may vary)
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.