How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Dining comprises twenty-one on-campus cafes and markets, nine residential dining halls, a line of Blue to Go foods and the Michigan Catering unit. Our 300 professional and 2000 student employees are committed to creative, healthy and nutritious foods, international cuisines and sustainability throughout all dining operations.
Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support Michigan Dining. Administer financial functions including contracts, billing and gratuity payments for Michigan Catering & Retail, and Pcard and SOA reconciliation, purchasing and revenue and expense tracking and reporting. Represent Michigan Dining to parents, students and clients; answer inquiries and resolve problems that have a significant impact on the department's reputation. You will report to the Sr. Associate Director of Retail and Catering.
Click Here to view full Job Description.
What You'll Do
Financial Administration (35%)
- Record sales, food costs and labor costs and maintains tracking reports for Michigan Dining.
- Help record sales, food costs and labor costs, maintain, and reconcile tracking reports and error logs for Michigan Dining Retail. Also help support SLBF in partnership with management to make sure all financial expenditures are met.
- Review catering and retail contracts and maintains data in the event management system to ensure accurate billing. Resolve billing data inconsistencies and concerns with Conferences and Events staff. Create bar requisition reports to ensure accurate billing counts for alcohol-serving events including host bars, cash bars and ticketed bars.
- Coordinate staff Pcard applications and reconcile Pcards statements for Retail and Catering staff. Trouble-shoot problems and irregularities with individual employees and Concur/Pcard Office.
- Approve student payroll, assist with payroll for bargained-for staff.
- Process financial transactions, maintains financial records and prepares routine management reports. Create monthly Statement of Activity (SOA) reports; reviews for accuracy and reports inconsistencies to management.
- Track invoices and assists vendors inquiring about payment for goods and services. This will include Michigan Dining visiting vendors for retail.
General Office Support (35%)
- Manage calendars for Catering and Retail leadership and departmental calendars for training, special events and resources. Manage mail distribution and orders office supplies.
- Support the hiring process for Retail & Catering by scheduling interviews and serving on search committees.
- Coordinate service requests for maintenance, IT, phones, business cards, parking permits and other common office needs.
- Support catered events by making point of service displays and labels. Proofreads communications and marketing materials for accuracy and grammatical correctness.
Meetings and Special Events Assistance (30%)
- Provide event detail support to the catering team planning the logistics for events at the golf course and other locations as assigned.
- Invoice banquet event orders according to established catering payment collection procedures.
- Help with food and beverage selection, and make arrangements for other services.
- Maintain golf course event calendar, schedule/cancel meetings and appointments.
- High School education diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 or more years of administrative support experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to provide positive customer service.
Maintain a static position for extended periods. Assist with events and service in our dining halls, cafes, markets and at catering events.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.