How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position will serve as an Administrative Assistant Associate in the Oncology Clinical Trial Support Unit (O-CTSU) providing comprehensive administrative support to the 140+ managers and staff at the NCRC office for the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center - an NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). We are among the top-ranked national programs in research and patient care with members holding $120M in annual direct research funding. Our mission is to reduce the cancer burden and improve cancer outcomes through research, innovation and transdisciplinary collaboration. With the Oncology CTSU, you will join a diverse team of 150 clinical research professionals dedicated in moving this mission forward through cutting-edge early phase trials to practice-changing phase III. As a team member, we will invest in your education, training, career development and certification. We also offer a variety of specialized roles and growth opportunities to fit your desired career path and goals. People want MichiganAnswers™. Help discover them
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Serve as front desk support for the O-CTSU NCRC office.
- This role will be in-person onsite during regular business hours.
- Assist with supervisors' calendars.
- Assist in determining attendees at meetings and coordinate meetings, schedule conference rooms and communicate meeting logistics.
- Assist in coordinating the day to day operations of the Oncology Clinical Trials Support Unit.
- Assist in providing comprehensive clerical support services for the O-CTSU staff including but not limited to: ordering office supplies, organizing supply areas, maintaining inventories of supplies, tracking and reviewing expenditures, distributing daily mail, managing service calls on general office maintenance and equipment, and performing a variety of professional and clerical duties to manage the day to day operations of the department.
- Assist with O-CTSU HR responsibilities including preparing job postings and job offers, completing onboarding/offboarding checklists for new/transferring employees, and orienting new staff to the O-CTSU policies and procedures.
- The candidate must also be able to demonstrate the following skills as part of their current/past work responsibilities: commitment to service excellence, confidentiality, flexibility, teamwork, collaborative skills, initiative, critical thinking, organizational skills, willingness to learn, and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma
- Possess exemplary customer service skills and focus
- Strong skills in Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Associate's degree in business or related field or equivalent education and experience
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.