How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) is seeking an enthusiastic, tech savvy, self-starter to fill an immediate opening for a Business Systems Analyst Senior (BSA) position. This position will assist with the utilization of Technolutions Slate as well as data analysis, business processes and systems across the department.
The selected candidate will play a key role in managing and supporting the data loads, data quality and integrity within the Slate CRM system and with integrations between various campus systems. This position will also design and create data visualizations that have an intuitive interface and are easy to understand. As a member of the OUA Systems & Research team, the BSA will have an opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative environment with other BSAs and cross-functional teams to support the needs of OUA and the University community.
Who We Are
Headed by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, the Office of Enrollment Management provides campus-wide leadership in executing the strategic recruitment, admission, enrollment, records management and student financial support functions for the university. OEM is committed to envisioning, creating, and sustaining an effort that will lead to the optimal academic, student, and staff experience through the development and implementation of data-driven strategies, collaborative partnerships, and sustained investments in technological resources and a talented and capable workforce. Our reporting units work strategically with the schools and colleges, leveraging expertise and best practices across the Offices of Admissions, New Student Programs, Financial Aid, and the Registrar.
OEM is committed to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our campus is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by building a critical mass of diverse groups on campus including staff, students and creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.
For more information about OEM including our diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan visit the Enrollment Management website.
- Monitor and assist in identifying and diagnosing possible issues with integration between various systems that communicate with Slate, including but not limited to PeopleSoft, Perceptive Content and Bsuiness Objects.
- Responsible for overall quality control and data integrity. Develop and monitor data integrity standards for data within the Slate CRM and for integrations between systems. Run audits to ensure data accuracy.
- Collaborate with ITS regarding, as needed, to develop and maintain Slate capabilities and integrations.
- Manage and create queries and reports for data requests and special projects focusing primarily on recruitment and admissions, third-week count and student data. Also develop reports for the purpose of measuring, analyzing and assessing admission data and results.
- Develop data visualizations of institutional data using Tableau and other tools as needed.
- Research and develop new Slate capabilities as introduced by Technolutions and make recommendations for implementation.
- Work collaboratively with individuals on Slate team to develop and maintain new database components in Slate.
- Provide documentation and training on all new programs and modifications. Improve existing documentation.
- Enhance existing systems or develop new solutions by utilizing a thorough knowledge of the OUA mission, current business processes, knowledge of data and reporting requirements. Increase operating efficiency and adapt existing systems to new requirements.
- Provide systems support for OUA staff and other university departments as directed.
- Assist with special projects for OUA, Office of Enrollment Management, academic units, and other University offices requesting assistance with data and reporting. Contributes ideas and assists with problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five years of experience in an admissions office or related field
- Extensive experience with relational databases, modern database applications and architecture.
- Advanced SQL skills to write queries and stored procedures for data cleanup, import and custom exports within Slate.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as SQL, HTML, XML, Python
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, requirements gathering, design, and system testing.
- Proficiency with advanced features of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive data.
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and respond to ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Technolutions Slate software is strongly preferred.
- An understanding of student data and reporting functions in an admissions environment.
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft Student system.
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting tools.
This position will be filled at the Senior level salary range $70,000 to $75,000 as the primary goal. The requirements listed below reflect the Senior level expectation. However, this may be filled at an intermediate level.
The Business Systems Analyst Senior position will report to the Associate Director, Systems & Research in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.