How to Apply
Candidates should submit the following as one document:
1. Cover Letter / Letter of interest
3. One page statement that discusses/shares a recent experience; what was learned from this experience, and what you did with what you learned.
In order for the Career Portal system to accept a cover letter and one page statement, please include these as a page of your resume document.
Work Location - This is an in-person, on-campus position for the School of Social Work. The work location will be in the School of Social Work building (SSWB) at 1080 S. University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1106.
Assist the DEI Director in:
- Coordinating projects, facilitating project operations and managing administrative responsibilities associated with project
- Researching topics related to curriculum, faculty affairs and other Schools of Social Work activities
- Developing proposals to fund and facilitate partnerships
- Serve as the primary contact point of operational and administrative issues related to the DEI Program
- Serve as the administrative staff for the School’s DEI program, ensuring deadlines are met and appropriate materials are provided as required/requested
- Schedule and attend meetings as requested and take minutes as needed
- Collaborate with other School and/or University offices as needed
- Supervise student temporary employees as required.
- Provide comprehensive high-level staff assistance to the DEI Director
- Assist the Publicity Manager in coordinating the DEI public relations activities
- Represent the SSW and the DEI Director to other administrators and to outside agencies
- Provide support to other SSW administrative staff and other duties as assigned.
- Teach one class per term as an LEO Adjunct Lecturer (Instructional assignments may be given throughout the calendar year, including Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer terms with the expectation of teaching on average three 3-credit courses per academic year; the candidate will be appointed, for a proportionate amount, as an LEO Adjunct Lecturer when teaching.)
Direction is received from the School of Social Work DEI Director; independent judgment, discretion and initiative are exercised in interpreting broad policies, and in the planning and execution of responsibilities; activities are subject to review.
- An MSW degree or equivalent degree in a social science with at least three years post-graduation
- Ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate level with evidence of innovation and creativity in the classroom; familiarity with instructional technology
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision and to be self-directed
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a small, committed team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Well-developed writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Creative and proactive problem-solving skills
Application Deadline - In order to receive full consideration for your application, please submit your bid within the first seven calendar days of this posting. UM job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days and the SSW may start the review/selection process as early as the eighth day after posting. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.