Evaluate and treat Adults with Neurological conditions in our outpatient Briarwood Med Rehab clinic.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a
Multidisciplinary team including Physiatrists, OT, SLP and Rehab Psych/Case Management.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Master's or DPT degree in physical therapy or an equivalent combination of Bachelor's level education and experience is necessary.
- Satisfactory completion of an internship program.
- Possession of a current state license to practice physical therapy in Michigan is required.
Looking for candidates with 1-3 years of neurological experience . Experience with outpatient care is preferred as well as strong orthopedic/manual therapy foundation is treating patients with multiple comorbidities is preferred.
Our ideal candidates would also have:
- A passion for rehab care- Taking patients the next steps to returning to independent functioning in home/work/community activities
- A collaborative work style and positive attitude to add to our high performing multidisciplinary team
- Experience/interest in working with patients with non-athletic concussions/vestibular problems or amputees is preferred.
- An interest in program development and future telerehabililtation options.
- Excitement, prior experience and/or interest in robotics and technology use in treatment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This position may be filled using an FLSA exempt or non-exempt designation.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.