Interviewer Training Support
- Assist in the training of field interviewers, production managers, team leaders, and project staff.
- Provide hardware and software support at training sessions.
- Attend on-site help sessions to provide users with additional instruction or help with technical systems.
End User Support
- Provide phone support.
- Provide computer support to the field interviewing staff by identifying and resolving data collections problems related to computer-assisted interviewing software and hardware.
- Maintain problem tracking and distribute reports from Footprint software.
- Connect to interviewer laptop remotely using Bomgar software to troubleshoot software problems.
- Support of the Digital Recorded Interview (DRI) and file transfer process.
- Technical Support for in-house developed software SurveyTrak, WebTrak, MSMS, Laptop load utility, Playback System, CAI Testing Tool, Script Writing System, Respondent Call Logging System, OLIVE, and Microsoft suite.
Laptops / Tablets / Cell Phones
- Load laptops with software and project data. Prepare any written communication if needed.
- Assist with the coordination of distribution of hardware, software, and documentation to the field users.
- Perform hardware maintenance and repair for interviewers and internal staff.
- Assist with the return of equipment tasks. Closeouts of interviewer laptops are more complex due to looking for DRI files on laptop.
- Assist with tablet loading, quality checking, and distribution.
- Assist with cell phone loading a distribution.
Some college education with courses in mathematics or computer science and some knowledge of the operation and application of microcomputers; software and network facilities; quality control mindset; attention to detail; routinely moves equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.