- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuous direct patient contact
- Collaborative work environment
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Assisting in office procedures for Reproductive Medicine such as hysteroscopy, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers.
- Assisting with Urology infertility procedures.
- Performing phlebotomy duties.
- Managing sterilization of equipment, inventory supply ordering and stocking.
- Assisting with all related compliance requirements.
- Being crossed trained in other clinic support functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Excellent computer and telephones skills.
- Excellent attendance record demonstrated.
- 0-1 years of experience.
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Must meet all requirements at the Medical Assistant level
- Recent experience in an outpatient setting with a good attendance record.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with MiChart Ambulatory Care.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
You will be trained within the department by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting.This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.