How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, with broad latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines, the Manager will work with internal, external and student clients and service providers to manage client program logistics. The Manager will indirectly supervise support and student staff as dictated by contracted business.
- Manage the planning and execution of assigned program, including scheduling and monitoring of all logistical and support service arrangements (dining, catering, facilities, housing, registration, etc.).
- Manage planning and execution of assigned weddings, family, student, departmental and social events.
- Partner effectively with service providers to secure necessary services on campus, and work with outside service providers on behalf of client; negotiate on behalf of client and engage services of campus and non-campus services providers to support programs.
- Work collaboratively with sales team; engage in file turnover meetings once business is contracted by Sales team.
- Maintain program data in event management software; exercise diligence in updating program confirmations (added billable items, price changes and customer driven changes) and ensure signatures and funds are received within appropriate timelines.
- Ensure the safety and security of summer residents.
- Assist and provide other support to conference operations as assigned.
- Staff client programs as assigned by Associate Director of Operations and as dictated by client contract.
- Accountable for creation and execution of program budgets.
- Authorize payments for materials, services, and other conference related expenses.
- Assist with client billing process (audit and approve billing).
- Assist with client file set-up per established guidelines.
- Reconcile P-card statements on a monthly basis.
- Respond to inquiries from returning clients regarding the use of facilities and services for conferences; log event details in event management database.
- Work with sales team to ensure optimized summer occupancy.
- Assist with the development of bid proposals and budgets, and contracts for new and returning business; process executable contracts.
- Assist with yield management strategies to maximize use of University facilities.
- As a member of Conferences & Events and the Division of Student Affairs, serve on various committees and work teams as requested.
- Attend and participate in staff training and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of event management experience in a corporate hospitality or university environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires initiative, the ability to work in cooperation with staff, meet deadlines, excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated aptitude in handling and resolving details.
- Working knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite (to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), and event management software.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects accurately, independently and productively.
- Wedding planning experience
- Experience in, or strong familiarity with, higher education
- Experience in conference planning or hospitality industry
- EMS or other event management software experience
- P-card reconciliation
- Early mornings, evenings and weekend hours will be required.
- On occasion could be expected to work weekends, early mornings and evenings/late nights. In addition, this job may occasionally require more than 40 hours a week.
Manager is required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, transport heavy objects occasionally.
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.