University Human Resources seeks a Marketing Coordinator to join our award-winning communications team.
The HR Communications team advances the university's missions of teaching, research and patient care by supporting 50,000 employees across three campuses and a health system. We communicate about the university's benefits plans, health and well-being programs, human resources policies, employee engagement and recognition programs, professional development programs, recruiting and employment services, and more (visit hr.umich.edu).
The Marketing Coordinator will be an essential member of our team, working directly with our communications specialists, multimedia designers, social media coordinators, and web developer.
You will execute elements of communication and marketing plans, including articles, videos, emails, website content and more. You will also track metrics, develop marketing materials and coordinate email campaigns.
We're looking for a collaborative team player who is detail-oriented and has excellent project management skills.
You will report to the Associate Director of Communications.
Why Work at Michigan?
The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- Retirement savings plan with two-for-one matching contributions
- Comprehensive health insurance options
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Life insurance
- Flexible work options, including possible eligibility for hybrid work
Learn more at hr.umich.edu.
- Distribute messages and materials through print, websites, email, digital signs, social media, and more
- Manage email marketing campaigns, including writing or reviewing messages, scheduling delivery, managing distribution lists and improving effectiveness through testing and other best practices
- Collect and review data and analytics to improve the effectiveness of communications
- Update web pages using a content management system
- Manage advertising calendars
- Create and schedule social media content
- Coordinate monthly internal email newsletter for UHR employees
- Support virtual and hybrid meetings and events
- Bachelor's degree required and minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing or communications position
- Experience developing or coordinating email marketing campaigns
- Proficiency with website content management systems, Google and Microsoft productivity tools
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- Commitment to creating a positive, inclusive workplace
University Human Resources seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.