How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The College of Literature, Science and the Arts (LSA) is seeking well-qualified applicants to join their Human Resource Transaction Team. Be part of a team that is cohesive, collaborative and provides exceptional customer service every day! Each team member is assigned specific units for which they are responsible for providing outstanding customer service in HR transactional areas, including processing a wide variety of PARs (HR transactions), new hire paperwork and eRecruit processing. This position requires interest in and understanding of academic and non-academic HR matters and processes.
What You'll Do
- Complete new hire process for instructional, tenure-track, regular and temporary staff including job postings, job offers, background checks and employment paperwork, including utilization of MPathways and eRecruit technology and best practices, ensuring compliance with unit, College and UM HR policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with assigned units to facilitate timely preparation of a wide range of HR paperwork to hire, terminate or change appointment details. Coordinate transactional processes between the various LSA and University departments as necessary.
- Maintain an organized tracking status throughout each transaction, following up as necessary to ensure satisfactory completion. Address departmental inquiries as requested.
- Assist with preparation of draft offer letters for instructional staff including lecturers and graduate student instructors. Also includes processing, tracking and follow through for appointment and reappointment of instructional staff on a term by term basis utilizing appropriate methods.
- Assist other team members as needed especially during peak times. Participate in continuous process improvement efforts including utilizing new technology and documenting best practices.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
Skills You Have
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in HR or related area required.
- Track record in accurately completing transactional paperwork and meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Attention to detail, sound judgement, and the ability to problem solve effectively within appropriate guidelines and parameters.
- Demonstrated excellence in both verbal and written communication.
- Highly developed organizational skills, along with experience and competence utilizing and leveraging technology.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service along with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituents.
- Flexibility, adaptability and patience will be essential in working in this team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and protected information with confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with labor relations and contract compliance desired.
This position is currently remote work but may at a future date be located in Ann Arbor on the university campus.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitments to serve the diverse people of Michigan, fulfill the College’s Guiding Principles, and sustain the excellence of LSA.
To learn more about diversity, equity, and inclusion visit https://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/dei.html
To learn more about LSA’s Guiding Principles visit http://lsa.umich.edu/lsa/faculty-staff/human-resources/lsa-staff-guiding-principles.html
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.