To assist the surgical team at the CW Mott Operating Rooms during operative procedures, by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination and putting equipment back in place. Other duties as assigned.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Graduation from high school or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Completion of an accredited or military Surgical Technologist program is required.
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Call commitment with a 30 minute response time.
Additional Requirements for Senior Level:
- Minimum of 4 consecutive years of experience as a Surgical Technologist
Additional Requirements for Specialist Level:
- At least one year of experience as a Surgical Technologist Senior at Michigan Medicine.
- Current/valid certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Demonstrated willingness and competency as a preceptor, as confirmed by the ST’s Manager/Supervisor
- Certification from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) is desired.
- Experience as a Surgical Technologist desired in a pediatric setting
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
Full time, 40hrs; Day Shifts with ability to rotate to Nights as unit needs arise
Midnight, weekend and holiday on-call obligations.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.