How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of OB/GYN is seeking a full-time Senior Research Program Coordinator. Under the direct supervision of the Division Director of GYN Specialties and research faculty. Research activities will be related to developing and implementing projects and programs focused on treating and preventing sexually transmitted infections among historically underrepresented and marginalized communities. The Senior Research Program Coordinator will assist in the logistical and operational tasks of multiple research studies in the gynecology division. This role will interact with several principal investigators, collaborators, and study participants. The Sr. Research Program Coordinator will be responsible for conducting research per good clinical guidelines of the University of Michigan. This is primarily a remote position, but some onsite meetings are required throughout the year.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Oversee the implementation and operations of research protocols for multiple studies;
- Assist with developing protocols and standard operating procedures and manual of operations.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all assigned protocols and reporting requirements; adhere to all protocol requirements to ensure the validity of clinical research data
- Participate in the development, testing, and evaluation of manuals, questionnaires, and coding structures, for the efficient collection of data
- Interact with clinicians and other gatekeepers to access the patient population
- Recruit research participants; verify patient eligibility for studies; consent participants; interview patients; collect patient specimens and other patient data from a variety of sources
- Actively retain participants; maintain contact with participants; schedule follow-up visits
- Assist with database creation; enter data into the database(s); assist in implementing data validation and a data management plan
- Communicate consistently with team members, supervisors, and colleagues, providing input on project goals, objectives, and operations.
- Maintain paper and computerized research files
- Participate in weekly research group meetings
- Track study progress and create reports noting progress
- Review recruitment strategies and modify materials and plans as needed
- Assist in the analysis of data, abstract, and manuscript preparation
- Manage and track any manuscripts to ensure timely completion
- Create figures and presentations; present at meetings as needed
- Communicate with industry and federal sponsors
- Participate in the preparation and tracking of financial documents, such as budgets, study invoices, and annual reports
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, training, monitoring, and supervising students; coordinate and participate in the interviewing and training of new research staff on study protocols, procedures, and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Evaluate and prepare Adverse Event reports and other regulatory documents
- Prepare for and participate in audits of studies/monitoring visits
- Develop IRB electronic applications and study documents (including but not limited to protocols, consent forms, recruitment documents, HIPAA forms) and prepare IRB communications
- Monitor and comply with IRB reporting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work independently and as a successful team member
- Solid knowledge of research principles, and commitment to responsible conduct of research and ethics.
- Must possess a strong organizational skill set with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), databases, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines and within a variety of cultures
- Master's degree, specific professional/Doctorate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Supervisory and financial management experience required
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- More than four years of related experience.
- Supervisory and financial management experience required
- Applicants with knowledge of SAS, Stata, and/or REDCap preferred
- Experience with academic research enterprises, including externally sponsored research, research administration, and funding sources.
- Background in women’s health
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.