How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should specifically address why you are interested in this position, describe specific skills and experiences in your history, and directly relate them to the responsibilities of, and qualification for, this position.
The SRO Project Design and Management Group seeks an individual fluent in verbal and written Modern Standard Arabic to provide part-time project support.
Who We Are
This position resides within Survey Research Operations at the University of Michigan's Survey Research Center (SRC).
For over 60 years, the Survey Research Center at the Institute for Social Research (ISR) has been a national and international leader in interdisciplinary social science research involving the collection and analysis of data from scientific sample surveys. Survey Research Operations (SRO) is the operations branch of the SRC. More information about our organization can be found here: https://www.src.isr.umich.edu/services/survey-research-operations/
SRO provides a wide range of services in the areas of survey and statistical design, data collection and processing, and data analysis. This position is part of the SRO Project Design and Management Group (PDMG). PDMG is primarily responsible for management of data collection projects, which includes working with research investigators and other clients to define project and sample design, coordinating all aspects of preproduction and production within SRO, providing regular progress and cost reports, and documenting all procedures.
- Test the Arabic version of an electronic survey research questionnaire, maintaining detailed notes on testing outcomes.
- Assist project manager with various phases of survey project preparation and implementation, including pre-production, production management, and documentation
- Proofread and format training and other project materials.
- Script survey instruments for interviewer trainings.
- Assist in the ordering of project supplies and the organization of mailings.
- Receive and log materials from decentralized staff.
- Fluent in verbal and written Modern Standard Arabic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong logical thinking skills (to allow systematic questionnaire testing).
- Competence in Microsoft Office software and the Google Suite.
- Ability to compose basic instructions/memos, and to revise and format documents and manuals using word processing software.
- Experience with computer-assisted interviewing (CAI) systems.
- Experience with testing technical systems.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Background or coursework in Neuropsychology.
Monday-Friday, days. Exact schedule negotiable.
This position requires being on-site at the University of Michigan offices in Ann Arbor. If the project tasks assigned, job performance, and SRC policy allow, the option of limited off-site work may be available after an initial period of orientation.
Hourly pay: $20 - $23/hr dependent upon the qualification and experience of the selected candidate.
Position duration: 18 months
Workload will average 15 – 20 hours per week but may vary based upon project needs. We are able to adjust workload (overall or week-to-week) to meet the needs and availability of highly-qualified candidates. This position is temporary, without benefits.
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning. Individuals from groups historically under-represented are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of fourteen calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the fifteenth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.