How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Michigan Center for Respiratory Virus Research and Response in the Department of Epidemiology at the University of Michigan School of Public Health is seeking an independent and motivated data analyst to work with Drs. Emily Martin and Arnold Monto. This is a full-time research position focused on COVID-19 and influenza epidemiology and vaccine effectiveness. The Center conducts studies in community and clinical settings throughout Southeastern Michigan. This position will provide the opportunity to contribute to the Center’s work using skills in data coding, data management and complex data analyses. The successful candidate will support epidemiological research projects to investigate respiratory virus transmission.
Key tasks will include statistical analysis of survey, laboratory, healthcare, and surveillance data, preparation of abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and contribution to study design, organization, and grant development.
- Develops, designs and conducts complex research analyses. Performs data analysis and interprets results. Formulates research analysis methods and suggests options for improving quality.
- Works with study team to gather and supervisor data collection and verification. Identifies potential problems, recommends and implements solutions. Creates final analytic datasets.
- Co-authors technical portions of manuscripts. Assists in acquiring research funding including with writing technical portions of grant proposals.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and organizations to coordinate receipt and submission of project data. Works with data coordinators at study sites to standardize data requests and facilitate delivery of datasets. Works with funders and outside organizations to understand and meet data delivery requirements.
- Other research duties as assigned.
MPH in biostatistics or epidemiology with a strong background in epidemiology and public health research. 4-5 years related research experience. Experience working with health care data, multilevel and longitudinal data required. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Extensive experience with R and SAS.
If this position is filled at the Associate level, a Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years related experience is required.
Experience working with infectious disease models.
This position may be underfilled at the Associate level depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
This is a one-year, term-limited position due to grant funding, with the possibility of renewal contingent on continued funding and a satisfactory job performance.
Michigan Public Health is seeking a dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.