NOTE: Work-study students preferred
The University of Michigan – Dearborn invites applications for Program Assistant in the Office of TRIO Programs at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. This individual will coordinate recruitment activities. They will also be responsible for the leading several summer programs for high school students. In addition, they will coordinate the outreach efforts, specifically to underrepresented and underserved populations.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and expectations.
NOTE: Position will require extensive travel during fall, winter and spring seasons.
Successful candidates must be able to:
- Build partnerships with school districts.
- Coordinate our involvement with local nonprofit youth serving organizations.
- Coordinate various summer pre-collegiate/access programs.
- Assists with departmental operations and budgets, strategic planning, policy and procedure development and supervises staff.
- Serve as a liaison with Undergraduate Programs, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Residence Life.
- Responsible for collecting student data and tracking student services provided.
- Responsible for implementing and collecting student evaluations.
- Monitors students’ behavior on field trips and during workshops.
- Responsible for assisting and facilitating workshops
This individual will travel on field trips. This person serves in some community relations roles, including coordinating the office’s involvement with community organizations. They are also responsible for the development and maintenance of the office website and social media accounts.
1-3 years related work/equivalent experience.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.