How to Apply
Please send cover letter describing interest, CV, and the names of at least 3 potential professional references to email@example.com.
Applications will begin to be reviewed immediately and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
The Sztain lab (https://pharmacy.umich.edu/sztainlab) at the University of Michigan is seeking 1-2 Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on projects related to molecular design including small molecules and proteins using biophysics and machine learning.
The selected candidates are expected to conduct high-level research, present results to the team regularly, and publish in peer-reviewed journals. Additional responsibilities may include grant writing, laboratory management, student mentorship, and community engagement. As a group member, several core values should be upheld including:
- Inclusivity: Respect the identities and experiences of others including but not limited to racial and ethnic backgrounds, gender expression and sexuality, physical and mental ability, or socioeconomic status.
- Open Science: Report results in an open, transparent, and accessible manner. This includes advocating for open access and data sharing whenever possible.
- Mentorship: Share knowledge and experience eagerly and readily amongst all group members. Foster collaborations with those who have complementary expertise.
- PhD degree in Medicinal Chemistry or a related field
- Demonstrated research excellence, as shown by first-author publications, in at least one of the following areas:
- Molecular dynamics
- Enhanced sampling
- Machine learning
- Protein expression
- Structural biology
- Protein NMR
The lab involves theoretical and experimental components. Candidates interested in either directly participating in, or closely collaborating with both facets are desired.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.