How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are important submissions for the hiring team to get a sense of your experience. In the cover letter, in two pages or less, please let us know how this role aligns with your career aspirations and skill set. Submit both a cover letter and resume as one file (because of system limitations.
What You'll Do
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, you will contribute to the Center's mission by planning and executing paid advertising and digital media campaigns that connect students and global learners to the Center's work, including our variety of open online content (MOOCs). This includes keyword research and management, analytics and tracking, campaign implementation, bid and budget management, landing page performance analysis, and campaign reporting.
Who We Are
The Center for Academic Innovation is where creativity, excellence, and the University of Michigan's aspirations for societal impact combine to reimagine the future of higher education. Through curricular innovation, educational data and research, and educational technology, we position U-M as a global leader in academic innovation to create and inspire change in higher education and to reinforce an engaged and informed society.
For more information, please visit our website: Academic Innovation
Digital Media and Advertising Strategy
- Design best-in-class media strategies by writing detailed media plans and proposals aimed at meeting paid advertising goals for the Center and its portfolio of open online courses and series
- Maintain an expert knowledge of media planning across channels, including paid search, programmatic, and paid social tactics; recommend media mix, flighting strategies, ad types, forecasting, and other campaign elements that best suit our goals
- Monitor digital trends and serve as a subject matter expert on digital media best practices, including platform innovations and other new opportunities
- Be the primary advertising/digital media contact for the Center; present media plans and other important information; recognize and assist with business development opportunities
Digital Media and Advertising Execution
- Work with a cross-functional team of marketing specialists, writers, designers, project managers, and data analysts to align campaign strategies and goals, and to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and to specifications
- Execute and manage media campaigns across multiple channels, including but not limited to search, display, social, and mobile
- Manage all campaign budgets and monitor campaign spend; design bid strategies that maximize budgets vs. goal
- Conduct keyword research and collaborate with cross-functional team to develop effective paid search ads
Digital Media and Advertising Analysis
- Define, measure, and evaluate relevant website and paid advertising KPIs
- Produce marketing performance reports using CAI-marketing and partner-marketing data, including website, email, social, and advertising channels
- Provide input to strategic analysis of multi-channel campaigns, identifying optimizations and areas of opportunity
- Maintain analytics and UTM implementation across digital channels
- Develop and maintain media analytics dashboards
Other duties as assigned
- May include work with student fellows, external partners
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in advertising and digital media marketing (or equivalent combination of education and professional experience)
- Experience conceiving and implementing search engine marketing (paid search/ppc) and social media campaigns, including an expert knowledge of relevant platforms (e.g., Google
Ads, Meta, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Proficiency developing and maintaining media reporting dashboards, e.g., Tableau
- Proficient with Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Google Analytics/GA4
- Quantitative ability and an advanced understanding of digital media analytics, i.e. how to set up media analytics infrastructure to track KPIs
The general salary range for this position is $76,000 - $86,000. Candidates can expect to be paid a competitive and equitable salary. Factors used to determine salary include experience, knowledge and skills for the position and internal equity within the unit. All candidates are encouraged to discuss salary questions to honor alignment and transparency throughout the recruiting process.
Please Note: This is a 5-year term limited position with the possibility of renewal depending on funding.
This is not a remote position and any adjustments to a standard in-person schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
The salary for this position will be based upon the selected candidate's education and experience.
Excellent benefits are available, for details, see http://benefits.umich.edu/
The Center for Academic Innovation (CAI) is committed to inclusion in our organizational work, culture, climate, and the products we create. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse team as a reflection of our commitment to our work designing equitable and inclusive learning and work environments that are necessary for the university community to make progress on solving societal challenges. CAI draws on each of our team member's unique backgrounds and experiences to guide our everyday work in the center, and our team collaborates with students, staff, and faculty on projects that center our commitment to DEIJ work. All interested applicants, including those from groups historically marginalized by educational privilege, are encouraged to apply.
The Center for Academic Innovation will not tolerate any forms of harassment including sexual and gender-based harassment. We believe all individuals deserve to be treated with respect and dignity and have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes mutual respect and a safe space for collaboration
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Decision Making Process
Applications will be reviewed as received throughout the posting period and continue until the position is filled.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.