This job opening is for a Temporary Float RN position within the Central Staffing Resource Department (CSR) and services KEC OR
Wage: $55.00/hr. base rate
Evening Shift Differential is $5.00 per hour
Night Shift Differential is $ 3.00 per hour
Weekend Differential is $5.00 per hour
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
To function as a scrub and circulating nurse in a fast-paced outpatient Ophthalmic setting under the supervision of a Charge nurse, Nurse Supervisor or Clinical Nursing Director. May include transporting of patients as needed and preparing rooms between cases. Other duties may include special ordering and maintenance of the specific ophthalmic subspecialties.
Demonstrates ability to apply critical thinking skills in daily practice: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
Demonstrates ability to organize and manage multiple interventions simultaneously.
Demonstrates ability to problem solve in a collaborative manner.
Demonstrates ability to navigate computer programs, and demonstrated proficiency with keyboarding skills. Programs include: ORMIS documentation, Sterile processing management, MiChart, DICOM, Storz recording system.
Demonstrated ability to navigate/operate ophthalmic equipment/systems.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level. These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 2 years of Perioperative Experience
- Current AHA BLS Provider certification. Candidate must be able to provide proof of certification upon offer
- Ability to meet functional job requirements: Constant standing, walking and transporting of patients & equipment required. Patient lifting, positioning, pushing, twisting and/or transferring required.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
- BSN preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated positive verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude
- Demonstrated team player skills
- Demonstrated accountability and dependability.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills, and references.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere utilizing effective delegation skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accountability/dependability as evidenced by completion of mandatories and unit based competencies within an established time frame.
- Experience floating to multiple units
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital nursing policies and practice.
- Demonstrates participation in continuous quality improvement process with documented results.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy
- Takes initiative in seeking professional growth.
- Experience with Ophthy/ENT
*Commitment is 24 hours per 4 week scheduling block*
Shifts: Day shifts are available; Hours: As needed by unit
Location: Kellogg Eye Center
Expected to float to like units where competent and qualified
Inability to work for (3) months consecutively leads to automatic termination from employment
No guarantee of work at any time. Shifts can and sometimes will be cancelled.
This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.