Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world. It has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine comprises over 30,000 employees. Our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Sign On Bonus! $750 after six months, an additional $750 after completing one year of employment. The Bonus is for new University of Michigan employees only.
Admit, transfer and discharge patients on one or more inpatient units. Receive and assist patients, visitors, and staff, providing excellent customer service. Answer patient calls professionally and process physician's orders and referrals. Respond to emergent situations calmly, correctly, and professionally: record and coordinate patient appointments and tests. Procure supplies, equipment, and services for patients. Maintain census information. Assist in training new unit clerks and orient staff to new policies and procedures.
- Customer service experience necessary.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Multitasking ability is essential.
- Ability to work with many details with accuracy.
- Data entry or computer experience is required.
- Previous experience as an inpatient clerk in a medical setting desired.
- Considerable knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Hospital policies and procedures.
Work Schedule 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. including holidays and every other weekend.
24-hour position - UH
MUST BE ABLE TO COMPLETE A FOUR-WEEK FULL-TIME TRAINING PROGRAM.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.