The Center for Healthcare Outcomes and Policy is seeking a skilled and experienced Data Architect to design, build, and maintain our Centers data architecture to support its research and educational activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data management principles and practices, as well as a solid background in data analysis, database design, and evaluation of data quality. The Data Architect will work closely with multiple investigators within a large, multidisciplinary team to understand research needs and design data solutions that support those needs.
- Develop and implement data strategies that support the Center?s overall business strategy and goals.
- Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing warehouse structure.
- Review requests for data and data usage
- Contribute to research of data sources for new and improved data feeds.
- Design and build data models, databases, data warehouses, and other data architecture solutions to ensure optimal data management and retrieval.
- Collaborate with statisticians and researchers to understand data requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Define and enforce data standards, data governance policies, and best practices to ensure data quality, security, and privacy.
- Conduct data quality assessments and evaluations to identify opportunities for data management and process improvements.
- Identify and develop linkages between data sources.
- Monitor and optimize database performance, ensuring data integrity and security.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in data management and analytics to provide innovative and effective data solutions.
- Work closely with the IT team to integrate data systems and ensure seamless data flow across different platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working as Data Architect or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of data modeling, database design, and data warehousing concepts.
- Proficiency in SAS, R, Stata, and, and other database technologies
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Experience with data governance and compliance regulations.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with large healthcare claims datasets.
- Relevant certifications in data management or related fields.
- Experience in designing and implementing big data solutions.
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes and tools.
This position has the opportunity for a hybrid work schedule.
Our office is located at the North Campus Research Complex (NCRC), 2800 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.