The University of Michigan is committed to ensuring that this website is accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities.
To receive immediate help using the site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of html best practices
- Name of the website using the
- Unique title on each web page using the
- Headings (
h2-h6) used to indicate major sections of the web resources
- All form controls have associated text label elements
- Data tables use
th, id attributes, header attributes to indicate headers for data cells
- Link text indicates the target of link
main: Main content
navigation: Navigation bar
navigationlandmark role is used to indicate navigation bars
Images and Graphics
- Decorative images are included as background images
- Informative images have alt text
- Use CSS for styling text
- Use CSS for layout and positioning content
- Use sufficient color contrast for low-vision users to be able to read the page content.
- No new windows are opened without notification of user through link text
- All functionality is available through the keyboard