The Department of Pathology, Clinical Phlebotomy Laboratory is looking for an outgoing, dedicated, caring individual to work in our University of Michigan hospitals. The ambulatory team is dedicated to the care of adults of all ages and is a fast paced, exciting environment where the work is rewarding and the staff are friendly and dedicated. Would you like to join our team and become our newest Phlebotomist? If the answer is yes, apply today to be considered!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work based in our onsite, ambulatory clinics to obtain blood and urine specimens according to laboratory specifications, following written procedures without deviation.
- Obtain specimens using phlebotomy, dermal puncture and heel stick (newborn)
- Handle all specimens according to test specifications, prepare specimens for transport and ensure proper delivery to central lab in a timely manner
- Utilize electronic medical record (MiChart) and laboratory information system (Soft) to monitor order requests
- Model professional and respectful behavior at all times, providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers
- Work effectively with others to accomplish common goals
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Who We Are
The aim of Michigan Medicine is to advance health to serve Michigan and the world. With annual revenues of approximately $5.0 billion, Michigan Medicine ranks as one of the top academic health centers in the country, and is committed to providing exceptional patient care, facilitating groundbreaking research, and developing the next generation of physicians and scientists. Michigan Medicine consists of the University of Michigan Hospitals, the University of Michigan Medical School and its Medical Group, Michigan Health Corporation, and affiliated health systems.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Mental and emotional health programs
- Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Another reason to Go Blue!
- Nationally Recognized for work/life effectiveness by WorldatWork
- Top 5 employer in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Fobes #1 Best Employer in Michigan
- Ranked #11 in the US and best in Michigan “Best Hospitals” rankings for 2020-21
- Five medical specialties ranked in the nation’s top 10 and was ranked No. 1 in the state of Michigan.
- Michigan Medicine ranked #15 in Newsweek’s “World’s Best Hospitals” rankings
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- A minimum of 1 year of phlebotomy experience is required for the Specialist level.
- Considerable experience in phlebotomy, including but not limited to work with pediatric patients.
- Phlebotomy Certification or equivalent coursework.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
- Proficient in basic computer functions.
Operating hours are from 6am – 7pm, Monday – Friday. .
A $1500.00 sign on bonus available.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.