Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Receive orders for patient equipment from the floors by phone, page or verbally.
- Deliver patient equipment to patient floors by hand or cart.
- Check all equipment returned to Patient Equipment for cleanliness, safety and proper operation.
- Return all equipment from patient floors and specified pick up areas to central location.
- Instruct, upon request, medical and nursing staffs on the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain a control log of all equipment requests noting patient name, bed number, type of equipment and the name of the person requesting the equipment.
- Prepare charge tickets in duplicate for all chargeable equipment.
- Install and dismantle orthopedic traction set-ups.
- Clean, assemble and disassemble equipment such as circle-electric beds, suction machines, cardiac monitors and hypothermia machines.
- Perform maintenance and repair on patient equipment including replacing interchangeable parts which are kept in stock.
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- No lifting restrictions.
- Some computer skills.
This position may require working day shift, afternoon shift, midnight shift, weekends, and holidays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.