How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Utilizes ionizing radiation to create diagnostic imaging radiographs of designated anatomical areas in accordance with established practices and procedures of all age groups. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures, and addresses patient concerns. Provides appropriate patient care following the Radiology Gold Service Excellence guidelines to achieve successful completion of procedure. Exercise professional judgment in the performance of this service following the Code of Conduct of the ARRT. Contribute as a team member to enhance job stewardship mindful of Internal and External customer service standards.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Obtain Diagnostic Images for Interpretation
- Understands and applies guest relation skills following the Patient and Families First Principles.
- Work consistently as a team member willing to assist everyone. Follow Infection Control practices utilizing aseptic techniques, observing Universal precautions, and patient safety standards.
- Possess a positive work ethic to enhance teamwork in a fast-paced environment and accountability for actions.
- Graduation from a school of radiologic technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology is required within the first six months of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, ingenuity, creativity, and professionalism.
- Demonstrates understanding with all age-appropriate guidelines for communication, positioning, radiation exposures and radiation protection.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Basic computer knowledge.
11p - 7a, every other weekend. Work 5 days in a row and take 9 days off in a row.
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
1540 E Medical Center Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.